In proof that we truly live in the darkest timeline, all six of the six issues we triaged today ended up assigned to me. If that wasn't cruel and unfair enough, today is Star Trek Day, the most important holiday of my people. I'll just put on my ears real quick and get to work...
Building bundles intermittently fails with
IOException: Failed to save resource. Error 5, from @rseanhall and ##[error]light.exe(0,0): Error LGHT0001: Failed to save resource. Error 110, from @robinNode are, we're reasonably sure are issues caused by the ever-dreaded real-time anti-virus scanning that can be solved with retries. An issue tracking that work is at WiX 3.9 R2 lit.exe/light.exe throw IOExceptions Ending the Build When MultiProc is Enabled under TFS 2103 Team Build. Now they're all assigned to me.
ThmUtil coordinates and dimensions no longer support
-0, from @barnson, came from work I was doing in WixStdBA. ThmUtil generally supports using negative numbers to refer to the right or bottom of the parent window, which makes it convenient to build UIs that can handle resizing. At some point during development of ThmUtil v4,
-0referred to the very edge, so you could align all the way to the bottom or right edge. That no longer works, so I volunteered to investigate how it used to work.
Validate Billboard Panel children don't have common control attributes, from @barnson, also comes from recent WixStdBA work. ThmUtil supports billboards, which support panels containing multiple static controls. However, panels in billboards always take up the full space in the billboard, so they shouldn't allow the standard
Heightattributes. I volunteered to make that change.
Support bundle updating in WixStdBA, from @barnson, was my request (to myself) to support Burn's bundle updater in WixStdBA. To be honest, I was surprised it wasn't already supported and, as I don't like surprises, I decided to implement it. There was a fair bit of discussion about the feature and some ideas I'll investigate before sending my pull request.
Handle update hashes as hex strings, from @barnson, was an issue I opened after implementing Burn update detection should supply hashes if present in update feed. I used hex strings to pass the update hash to the BA but when the BA requests the update, Burn expects the hash to be expressed as a blob of bytes. Now, everybody loves a good blob of bytes, but we agreed that the interfaces should be consistent, so I'm going to update the Burn interface to expect a hex string.