What are some of the reasons companies like Microsoft rely on the WiX toolset—and why you should too?
- WiX fits naturally into the software development process.
- WiX fully supports Windows Installer.
- WiX scales, both in source and in output.
- WiX's Burn is a powerful bootstrapper engine.
Learn about WiX from the ground up. The WiX Tutorial walks you through the process of creating an installer using the WiX Toolset. Some of what you'll learn:
- Starting an installer project.
- Adding files and folders.
- Adding registry values.
- Registering file associations.
- Adding and customizing a user interface.
- Supporting upgrades and updates.
Create AppX installation packages from the same source code that creates your MSI packages today.
- Produce MSI and AppX packages at the same time.
- Maintain a single set of .wxs source code.
- Integrate seamlessly into your existing build.
- Detailed error messages help porting to Nano Server.